Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Fort Worth
Relocating to another city or state and need to sell your house? We get local Fort Worth home sellers contacting us every week saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Fort Worth“. The great thing is that we’re able to help a good many of those sellers sell their house quickly (because we’re actively buying houses in Fort Worth right now!).
In most cases, they can’t be in a situation where they are paying to own and maintain a vacant house until it sells. These “holding costs” are more than they can handle and/or they cannot buy their next home until the one they are selling sells.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Fort Worth house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Fort Worth… Your Options And Steps
Below are a few tips that we have learned that can help you sell your house faster…
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this you can contact a reputable real estate agent or connect with us and we can give you a no cost no obligation valuation on your property. Once you know what the house may be able to sell for in the current market… that sets the basis for how long you may or may not be able/willing to sell the house.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a biggie. I’ve seen professionals who moved out of state for a job who had their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a much much lower price than they hoped. Decide how fast you need to sell your house… and how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early so you don’t waste any time. Every month that you wait or every month that it takes to sell the house… costs you money. Or if you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell… we are a reputable local house buyer and we’d love to make you a fast & fair all cash offer.
You can also win by marketing your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first.
Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. But one thing many people forget to do is come up with the amount of money it is going to cost to hold onto that house until it does sell.
Let’s say you want to sell your house for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.). Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in expenses.
If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyer’s agent and 3% for the sellers’ agent).Totaling $23,200 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $30,000.
If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions… then a viable option may be to sell your house to us.
Who Is “We Buy Fort Worth Properties” And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell Your House Fast in Fort Worth?
We’re investors. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Fort Worth homeowners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 5 days or the date you choose)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off. However, if you are in a situation where you need to sell fast for a fair price, we can help!
Please feel free to call us at (682)-564-2095 or complete the online home seller form and we will be in contact with you as soon as possible.